Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

Today I received a call about 10:40 am from the hospice, Heidi called to inform me dad had taken a turn for the worse. I left work and came to Baylor hospital. I sat with dad for about an hour and two of his friends from the Baylor cardiac exercise group stopped by, Darlene and Elizabeth. They spoke of how dad was a big hit with all the people who worked out there and about his faithfulness to exercise, undoubtedly they will pass the word about him and his condition.
I spoke to Heidi about dad's condition and she mentioned that he had mottling in his legs and was blue and cold to the touch indicating the conservation of blood to the vital organs. He when I was with him seemed to be breathing OK, but Heidi suggests that is because of the morphine which eases breathing. After speaking with her and trying to get an idea about how long, her indication was that with those symptoms she didn't think it would be to long until he expired. So the wait goes on.

No comments: